Meadowlark Press has been publishing fiction, memoir, and poetry since 2014. We are the home of The Birdy Poetry Prize, an annual poetry manuscript contest featuring a cash prize and publication of the winning entry. We are also home to the creative nonfiction journal of Kansas, 105: Meadowlark Reader, with Quincy Press.
- September 1-December 1, 2020 - Accepting poetry manuscripts for the Birdy Poetry Prize - 2021.
- November 1-December 31, 2020 - Accepting creative nonfiction essays for 105: Meadowlark Reader.
- The next open reading period for poetry (no-fee) will be December 2-December 31, 2020.
- The next open reading period for non-fiction is January 15-February 28, 2021.
- The next open reading period for Fiction is January 15-February 28, 2022.
View our submission guidelines here.
Full-length poetry manuscripts (55 page minimum, 90+ pages preferred) will be considered. Poems may be previously published in journals and/or anthologies, but not in full-length, single-author volumes. Poets are eligible to enter, regardless of publishing history. Previous winners and published finalists of the Birdy Poetry Prize competition are NOT eligible to enter.
The author’s name should not appear anywhere on the document.
Manuscript should include:
- title of collection
- any section or division headings, if desired
- all poems to be included in the collection